- Vaginoplasty or vaginal rejuvenation is a procedure done to achieve vaginal tightening
- Childbirth and at times due to ageing there is laxity in the vaginal musculature
- Vaginal laxity also has significant negative impact on a women’s sexual life
- All such women are candidates for Vaginoplasty .
- Restoration achieved is almost similar to tightness one had before childbirth.
- Hymen is a membranous structure that covers the vaginal orifice
- Hymen is broken usually during first vaginal intercourse or may also be torn by tampon insertion, exercise
- Hymeneal reconstruction is done to restore or reconstruct the membrane
- It is done under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure