- A surgical procedure that uses a suction technique to remove fat from specific areas of the body (abdomen, thighs, upper arms, chest, thighs and back).
- It is done as part of body contouring and it isn’t typically considered as an overall weight loss method.
- Ideal liposuction candidate may be the one with too much stubborn body fat in specific areas with stable body weight.
- In the procedure excess body fat is removed from a specific area under general anesthesia.
- Contour irregularities ,numbness, infection, fluid accumulation, fat embolism ,anesthesia complications are risks that may occur during or post procedure
- Talk to you surgeon, discuss if you are an ideal candidate for liposuction and how these risks apply for you.
- Abdominoplasty is a cosmetic surgery which is popularly known as “tummy tuck”.
- This procedure helps flatten and firm the abdomen.
- By removing the excess fat and skin and with repairing the connective tissue desired results are obtained..
- The results are lasting provided the person maintains his or her weight.
- Abdominoplasty is suitable for all who have stabilized their weight
- It can be done as an isolated procedure or may be combined with liposuction in certain cases depending on the requirement.
- Saggy skin after weight loss or with ageing is quite common over upper arms .
- Those “bat wings’ can be corrected with brachyplasty or arm lift.
- Excessive fat and redundant skin is removed and this helps one to achieve the desired contour.
- Inner side of upper arm and underarm is worked on in arm lift
- No more concealing of saggy arms under clothing, talk to your plastic surgeon to go sag free on those arms.
Buttock Contouring/ Gluteoplasty
- Gluteoplasty is an aesthetic reconstructive surgery.
- Size and shape of buttocks can be altered and enhanced with this procedure.
- Undesirable skin and adipose tissue is excised to give toned buttocks.
- Buttock lift is done as a standalone procedure or often as part of other body contouring procedures.
- Overweight people who are unable to lose the fat in spite of lifestyle modification and those who have lost significant weight but with lose skin on the buttocks this cosmetic surgery will help them achieve those well toned butt cheeks!
- Disproportionate thigh fat is aesthetically displeasing
- Thigh reshaping surgery resolves this problem and improves the appearance
- Saggy skin and stubborn fat are tackled in thighplasty
- Discuss with your plastic surgeon to understand how the surgery helps.
- A profound understanding of the procedure helps us set realistic goals
Post weight loss Body Contouring
- Significant weight loss either by exercise or after bariatric surgery leaves us with saggy droopy skin over many areas of the body
- This sagging is prominent over arms , tummy, thighs and breasts
- Such person requires a combination of cosmetic surgeries to restore the tone and achieve a good contour